Pledging: Gratitude In Giving
Like living stones, let yourselves be built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:5
Are you ready?
Each of us is asked to make an annual pledge to support the year-round mission and ministry at St. Christopher’s. As you consider your pledge, please ask yourself:
- How does my pledge reflect gratitude for abundance that I experience at St. Christopher’s and in my daily life?
- How does my pledge to St. Christopher’s reflect the relationship I would hope to have with money?
- Of all the gifts I have received my income and the wealth God has granted me, what proportion will I give to support God’s Kingdom here at St. Christopher’s?
- How will fulfilling my pledge be a part of my spiritual practice for the coming year?
- Does my decision about pledging provide me with a sense of gratitude?
Frequently Asked Questions About Pledging
Why should I pledge?
Pledging helps our leadership team and staff plan for the year ahead. Making a pledge is part of a larger spiritual practice of giving your time, talent and financial resources. Pledging is making a statement that you are a part of this faith community.
Do I have to pay my pledge all at once?
No. Many people fulfill their pledge weekly, monthly or quarterly. Some use offering envelopes or set up a regular payment schedule by credit card.
How can I include St. Christopher’s in my will or estate plan?
Here at St. Christopher’s we have a Personal Planning Committee. Their mission is to provide you with information and professional contacts to guide you through the planning process. If you are interested in this topic, please visit the Personal Planning page for more information.
What if I need to change my pledge amount?
That’s not a problem! Simply call or email the Stewardship Chair at any time. We realize that people’s financial situations change over time, both up and down, and we keep all stewardship related conversations/materials confidential.
I’ve filled out my pledge card. Now what do I do?
Thank you and congratulations. You have a choice!
- Place your completed pledge card in a sealed envelope into the offering plate on Sunday.
- Give your pledge card to the Stewardship Chair.
- Mail you pledge card to the church.